Alternate Plumaged Bonaparte's Gull-Wheatley Harbour

Ware Dean peleeisbirder at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 21:16:19 EST 2003

Birders,

Some of you may be interested to know that the is a alternate(breeding
plumaged) Bonaparte's Gull with about 2000 others in Wheatley Harbour. I
found the bird around 5pm so the light was diminishing but I could see that
there was no type of molt and the bird had a complete black hood. The bird
was easy to pick out due to the fact that all the other gulls have basic
plumage.

Good Birding,

Dean Ware
Wheatley ON.