Probable Gyrfalcon x Saker in Toronto

Jean Iron jeaniron at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 20 22:14:36 EST 2004

Dear Ontbirders,

We thank the many experts who commented on the origin and identity of the
mystery falcon in Toronto.

Origin: Most said it was an escaped falconer's bird because of its leg
band, extreme tameness, and apparent hybrid appearance.

Identification: Many thought that it was a probable hybrid Gyrfalcon x
Saker Falcon. We may do a detailed analysis next week.

If you haven't seen the four photos of this falcon, please see then on
Jean's website via her signature below.

Next I'll send an e-mail discussing the Toronto falcon that was posted on
the listserve ID-Frontiers.

Happy birding,

Ron Pittaway and Jean Iron

Jean Iron