Red-bellied Woodpecker, many Snow Buntings in N.Pickering

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Wed Jan 21 14:46:29 EST 2004

The "resident" Red-bellied Woodpecker which I have reported a few times
tends to be a morning and early afternoon visitor to the feeding station
behind the house of a Westney Rd. resident. I prefer to not to spell out
directions here--contact me by email.
For Snow Buntings, travel up Westney Rd., through Hy.7, continuing through
Conc.7 to the next E-W road (Conc.8)--then east--keep your eyes alert to the
stubblefields, particulary on the north side as you drive along up to and
beyond Mt.Zion U.C. --on Tuesday, Jan.20 we saw at least 200 Snow Buntings
at Sdln.6, just west of the church--I could not discern other species with
them.

Some of the fauna at/near the feeder station on Hall's Rd.and down near the
platform --up to 9 Cardinals, many Bl.Squirrels, 6 W-t Deer, a Pheasant,
Swamp Sparrow, White-throated Sp., Song Sp., many Tree Sp., Junco, House
Finch, occasionally Redpoll, Downy & Hairy Woodpeckers, Chickadees, both
Nuthatches, SWAMP SP., Goldfinch, and when all is quiet--Sharp-shinned Hawk.
There may be others.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby

"Doug Lockrey" <lockrey33 at rogers.com>

guidelines.