Ottawa birds

eve ticknor sandbird at magma.ca
Mon Jan 26 12:19:15 EST 2004

In spite of the cold weather, the Short-eared Owls can still be found south
of our airport on Earl Armstrong Rd.  Often I see them further in the bushy
area behind the field, while 1 seems to like coming out and hunting over the
field at dark, sometimes joined by another.

As well, the resident Peregrines are still to be found downtown.  Yesterday
they were on the west side of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in early afternoon.  At
times they can be found over at the Coats Building at Tunney's Pasture.

Earl Armstrong Rd can be found by taking Limebank Rd off River Rd, south of
Hunt Club at the bridge, or turning off Albion Rd onto High Rd at the
Racetrack/Slots, and following Earl Armstrong until past Bowesville Rd.  The
owls can be seen on the north side of the road between the "S" curve and the
ravine.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel is on Lyon St between Queen and Albert Sts, west of
Bank St.  The Coats Building can be found by following Albert St west as it
becomes Scott St, going as far as Holland Ave.  The building is on the north
side of Scott.

Cheers, Eve

-Eve Ticknor
Coordinator, OFNC Peregrine Falcon Watch
38-9 Gillespie Cres.
Ottawa, Ontario, K1V 9T5
Canada
(613) 737-7551
sandbird at magma.ca

"Without birds, would we humans ever have had the imagination to fly or
sing?"

eve ticknor <sandbird at magma.ca>

guidelines.