Tufted Duck, St. Catharines--NO

Brendan O'Sullivan josullivan3560 at rogers.com
Fri Jan 30 17:10:56 EST 2004

Today I tried for the Tufted Duck reported as recently as yesterday in St.
Catharines.
     Unfortunately, between 11.00 A.M. and 12.30 P.M. the bird was NOT at
the usual spot at Lock 1 of the Welland Canal. When I left there were still
a number of birders present. Hopefully, if the bird eventually showed up,
somebody will report it.

Directions:

>From the QEW take exit 44--Niagara St. (not 48 as reported previously--48 is
the Hwy. No.).Follow Niagara St. north to the T-junction at Lakeshore Rd.
Turn right onto Lakeshore and just before crossing the bridge take a left
onto Government Rd.  Proceed about 200 metres down this road and you will
see Lock 1 -the last reported sighting spot-on your right.

Regards,
Brendan O'Sullivan
Mississauga

"Brendan O'Sullivan" <josullivan3560 at rogers.com>