white-winged crossbills

Don Perks dperks0531 at rogers.com
Wed Feb 18 17:31:03 EST 2004

To-day at Palgrave Conservation area I found 4-5 small flocks of white-wings
eating from spruce trees in this conservation area.I saw well over 30 birds
in all.
>From the Queen Elizabeth Hwy I turned north on Hwy 427 to Hwy 7 thyen went
left on Hwy 7 to Hwy 50.Turn right and drive to Palgrave turn left on the
Patterson Rd.just as you get to Palgrave drive about 1 km to Duffies Lane
turn right drive to the end park and walk eastward along ski trails.walking
is quite easy along the trials.I had these crossbills as I left the car.
Good Luck
Don Perks
1141 Woodeden Dr.
Mississauga,Ont.