Peregrine among 5 raptors in southwest Whitby-Feb.29

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Sun Feb 29 12:41:36 EST 2004

After a wonderful 2 weeks of birding, pyramid-climbing & sightseeing in the
Yucatan I return to my Cranberry Marsh haunt--on Leap-day Sunday I was
pleased to see 5 different raptors in the Lynde Shores C.A. properties-- in
trees near Hall's Rd. were a PEREGRINE, a white morph ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK and
2 RED-TAILED HAWKS. Below the Lynde Shores woodlot were a N.HARRIER and an
AMERICAN KESTREL.
A male R-n Pheasant was noted crossing the north pathway leading to the
marsh.
The only birds that I was able to pick up at the feeder areas were House
Finch, Tree Sparrow, Swamp Sp., Song Sp., Am. Goldfinch, Chickadee, Blue
Jay, N.Cardinal and W-b Nuthatch.

Hall's Rd. is the first street east of Lakeridge Rd. in southwest Whitby,
accessible from Victoria St.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby

"Doug Lockrey" <lockrey33 at rogers.com>

guidelines.