Great Blues at Taunton rookery, Pickering-Mar.13

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Sat Mar 13 15:55:22 EST 2004

I noted several Great Blue Herons flying and 2 sitting on nests at the
well-established rookery along Taunton Rd. just east of the York-Durham
Sideline in the AM on Saturday Mar.13.

Seen on Hall's Rd. in southwest Whitby, incl. the feeder setup, in the
fields and at the north Cranberry Marsh platform-- 1 C.Redpoll, 2 Am.
Goldfinch, 1 Red-breasted Nuthatch, 1 Junco, 2 White-breasted Nuthatch, 2
Am.Robin, 2 Blue Jay, 3 N.Cardinal, many Red-winged Blackbird, 1 Grackle,
several Am.Crow, many B-c Chickadee, many Am.Tree Sparrow, 10 Song Sp., 1
Swamp Sp., 1 imm.White-crowned Sp., 1 male R-n Pheasant, 2 N.Harrier, 1
Red-tailed Hawk (I did not see the Cooper's Hawk today), 2 Downy Woodpecker,
1 Hairy Woodpecker. I heard a N.Flicker.

Hall's Rd. is one block east of Lakeridge Rd., accessed south off Victoria
St. in southwest Whitby.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby, ON

"Doug Lockrey" <lockrey33 at rogers.com>

guidelines.