[Ontbirds] Tundra Swan - Underwood

mike pickup mpickup at bmts.com
Thu Apr 1 06:10:14 EST 2004

Sorry for the late posting but I was away unable to access my computer until
today.
It must be spring. Yesterday I was out birding south of Port Elgin and
stopped on a conc. Rd. and to check some flooded fields. Yes all the snow
has gone. There were approx. 100+ Tundra swan and 100+ Canada Goose. Also
present were 6 Cnavasback and a few Northern Pintail. While watching these
birds I spotted a flock of about 1000 to 1500 Snow Bunting and among them at
least 3 Lapland Longspur.
Underwood is approx. 18km south of Port Elgin on Hwy #21. Turn east in the
village and drive about 2km east and check the fields on the south side of
Bruce Conc. 6.
Yours in birding
Mike Pickup
mpickup at bmts.com