[Ontbirds] American Woodcock at Bronte Creek Provincial Park

Carol Horner phalarope at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 4 09:07:00 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone

Last evening Mary Schuster and I stopped off at Bronte Creek Provincial
Park in Burlington at dusk to see if the AMERICAN WOODCOCK were back in
their usual place. Sure enough as it got darker we could hear many birds
doing their flight displays and "beent" calls. We managed to see a couple
of birds, including one at the edge of the road caught in the headlights as
we left.

Directions:

 From the QEW at Burlington, exit at Bronte Road (exit 111) and go north to
the first lights and turn left on Upper Middle Road. The birds can be seen
and heard at the parking lot at the gate to the park.

Carol

Carol Horner
phalarope at NOSPAMsympatico.ca
Toronto, Ontario