[Ontbirds] Woodcock in Toronto

Laura Murray laura.murray at osc.on.ca
Fri Apr 9 08:48:37 EDT 2004

On Wednesday evening, at about 5:30, on the south side of Danforth Avenue in downtown Toronto, just east of Broadview, I came across a Woodcock, sitting on the sidewalk.  An unusual sight indeed! Before I got too close, it flew across the street and hid under a garbage can.  I crossed over, but it flew off again, North onEllerbeck St. Another viewer said it had blood on the side of its' head, and
that a group of starlings had been harassing it. I walked up the street, hoping to see it, and perhaps take it into the Don Valley, where I assume it had come from, but didn't find it again.

Laura Murray, Toronto