[Ontbirds] Broad-Wings/Raptor ID Workshops/WNV Talk at Grimsby

Mike Street mikestreet at hwcn.org
Thu Apr 15 07:17:57 EDT 2004

Good Morning:

The warm weather rolling into our area today should bring the first
Broad-winged Hawks of 2004. The Niagara Peninsula Hawkwatch will assist
birders in learning more about birds of prey by holding Raptor
Identification Workshops from 10AM-3PM this Saturday and Sunday, April
17-18, at Beamer Memorial Conservation Area in Grimsby. Everyone is
welcome. No charge. Directons below.

The guest speaker at the NPH's annual wine and cheese dinner in Grimsby on
Saturday, April 24 will be Dr. Bruce Hunter of the University of Guelph.
Bruce will update us on current research into the effects of West Nile
Virus on bird populations in Ontario. Anyone interested in attending
should contact me privately at the address below.

Directions: To reach Beamer Memorial Conservation Area take the Queen
Elizabeth Way (QEW) Exit 71 in Grimsby.  Follow Christie St. South and
Mountain St./Ave. to the top of the escarpment. Turn right onto Ridge Road
West and follow to Quarry Road.  Turn right and follow to the park
entrance.  Parking is permitted in the park, the parking lot at the
entrance or on Quarry Road or Ridge Road.  Visitors parking outside should
remember not to leave valuables in their car.

Mike Street
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
mikestreet at hwcn.org