[Ontbirds] Sandhill cranes and Grey Jays in N. Hastings County - April 21

David & Yvette Bree dbree at kos.net
Wed Apr 21 10:57:05 EDT 2004

Hi

Yesterday (April 20th) while doing a Red-shouldered Hawk Survey in North
Hastings County, just north of Boulter I saw 3 sandhill cranes rise out of a
wetland, circle higher and higher and head west.  Maybe migrating through,
might be more of these birds using this "Madawaska Highland" route to move
north and west. Also saw a pair of Grey Jays, just north of Slabtown in the
same area.  While I am not familiar with the birds of this area I would
think both of these are unusual sightings for the area and the possibility
exists that both species might be breeding there.

David and Yvette Bree
Box 123
Bloomfield,ON
Canada