[Ontbirds] Yellow-throated Warbler at Point Pelee

Sarah.Rupert at pc.gc.ca Sarah.Rupert at pc.gc.ca
Sat Apr 24 10:33:56 EDT 2004

Hi All

Fred Urie just reported a Yellow-throated Warbler from the Tip area in the
park.  The bird was first seen in the southernmost tree in the park,
heading north.  It was singing as well.  A good spot to look would be
around the Tip transit stop.

Other sightings this morning included Red-headed Woodpecker, Black-throated
Green and Blackburnian Warbler.

We had a report of 3 American Avocets from the Shorebird cell at Hillman
Marsh on April 22 - they were not reported yesterday.

Our daily reports will start May 1, but I will update until then with
unusual sightings.

Good Birding!
Sarah

Sarah Rupert
Sr. Park Interpreter/Education Coordinator
Point Pelee National Park of Canada
Leamington, Ontario
sarah.rupert at pc.gc.ca
519-322-5700 ext 13