[Ontbirds]Lazuli Bunting directions - etc. - Ottawa

Tony Beck beck.tony at sympatico.ca
Mon May 31 10:38:53 EDT 2004

To complete my previous message (before my mouse & brain slipped)...

Also present at Dechenes Rapids (Britannia Conservation Area) this morning
was one Arctic Tern among three Common Terns and numerous Bonapartes & Ring
Billed Gulls.

Directions to the Bunting:

>From Hwy 7, connect with Hwy 417 Eastbound. Exit south on Moodie Drive.
Continue to Robertson Road. Turn left (east) on Robertson. Continue to
Richmond Road and turn right (look for the "Als Steakhouse). Go about two
blocks. Turn left on
Longwood Avenue. Continue to the end (Ridgefield Cr.). Turn right on
Ridgefield. Take a left turn at the second road down (Cherrywood Drive). #11
is on the left.

>From Hwy 417 Westbound (Queensway), take Richmond Road West.  Continue on to
where Richmond Road becomes Robertson Road. Turn left at the intersection
where Richmond turns south (look for Al's Steakhouse on the north side of
the intersection). Go about two blocks. Turn left on Longwood Avenue.
Continue to the end (Ridgefield Cr.). Turn right on
Ridgefield. Take a left turn at the second road down (Cherrywood Drive). #11
is on the left.

Directions to Britannia (courtesy Larry Neily):

>From Highway 417 (The Queensway) take exit 129 (Greenbank & Pinecrest
Roads). If travelling west, the 0.3 km offramp dumps you right or north onto
Pinecrest Road. If driving east, a 0.3 km offramp brings you to
Pinecrest/Greenbank Road, where you will turn left or north onto Pinecrest
Road and in 0.4 km join the westbound offramp traffic. Both groups will now
follow Pinecrest Road north 0.8 km from here to Richmond Road. Turn right or
northeast onto Richmond and go 0.5 km, crossing Carling Avenue, to Poulin
Avenue. Turn left or north onto Poulin and go 0.6 km to where a right only
turn puts you on Howe Street. Follow Howe west 0.2 km to Britannia Road.
Turn right or north onto Britannia Road and proceed 0.8 km to Cassels
Street. The Britannia Yacht Club is directly in front of you. To view the
area below the rapids proceed east along Cassels to the Y junction and bear
left to go behind the filtration plant. Britannia Point and a good view of
the swirling flock can be had here.

Cheerio, Good Luck & Good Birding
Tony