[Ontbirds]Yellow-crowned Night-Heron in Bronte Wednesday @ 9 PM

Gavin Edmondstone sue-gavin at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 2 21:19:44 EDT 2004

There was an adult Yellow-crowned Night-Heron perched on a 6th floor terrace
at the back of 2511 Lakeshore Rd. West in Oakville. The bird flew towards
the lake just after I took some photos. I will send photos to Sandra Eadie
for the OFO site. According to our neighbours the bird was there for at
least 30 minutes. Thanks to Vince McNally for knocking on the door to let us
know!

Directions:    Exit the QEW at Bronte Rd. and go towards the lake. Turn
right at Lakeshore Rd. 2511 is on the right beside Bronte Creek. The bird
might roost anywhere along Bronte creek tomorrow.

Gavin Edmondstone
Oakville, Ontario