[Ontbirds]Am. Bitterns at Presquile.

Karl Egressy kegressy at rogers.com
Fri Jun 4 08:43:36 EDT 2004

It is a treat to see one Am. Bittern. To see six or seven circling around
for minutes,
is a joy.
Yesterday morning we went for a walk in the marsh
to see the nesting Mars Wrens again, before we were leaving for home.
We were very surprised to see such a large number of Am. Bitterns
flying around. We counted at least six or seven. We were wondering if the
were
local or just migrating through. At the same time there were a large number
of
Great Blue Herrons  and one Green Herron in the air as well.
Such a show.

Karl and Marienna Egressy
kegressy at rogers.com