[Ontbirds]Mockingbirds, Virginia Rail in Whitby-June 4

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Fri Jun 4 12:25:28 EDT 2004

Cranberry Marsh-June 3- Virginia Rail sighted crossing the north pathway
leading down to the marshland from Hall's Rd.

June 4- 11AM -while doing a Bird Atlas Point Count, 2 N.Mockingbirds alit on
the fencing and posts 3-5m. from my car in a parking lot just west of the
Pier 7 parking lot, above the railway line, along Victoria St., a very short
distance east of Thickson Rd. in Whitby. They "stayed with me" for the
5-minute duration!

Doug Lockrey, Whitby