[Ontbirds]Remote atlassing underway

Mike Cadman mcadman at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jun 9 09:15:27 EDT 2004

Hello all:

Just to follow up on Cliff's note, we're just getting started on the
biggest year ever in bird surveys in remote northern Ontario. The first
of 16 mostly four person crews is now in place on the shore of James
Bay. This summer, crews will be providing coverage of areas as remote as
the Pen Islands (on Hudson Bay by the Manitoba border) and Cape
Henrietta Maria (where James and Hudson Bays meet), with work additional
occurring on the Shammattawa, Ekwan, Attawapiskat, Albany, Moose,
Kabinakagami, Fawn and Winisk Rivers - as well as on Caribou and
Michipicoten Islands in Lake Superior.

I just wanted to thank everyone who is taking part for helping to
illuminate bird distribution and relative abundance across this vast
wilderness, and wish them the best of luck for a successful expedition.

Cheers,

Mike.

--
MIke Cadman
Coordinator, Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas
E-mail mcadman at uoguelph.ca