[Ontbirds]black-necked stilts @ Jarvis

Diane and Kayo Roy kayoroy at niagara.com
Wed Jun 9 09:27:03 EDT 2004

Hello all
I had a telephone call last night from Blayne Farnan who spent time
yesterday at the Jarvis Sewage Ponds looking for the Black-necked Stilts.
He did not see the birds in the hour he was there, but told me that the
grass around the entire area of the sewage ponds was being cut by a man on a
large riding lawnmower.

While he did not have time to go and look, Blayne wondered if perhaps the
birds may have returned to the Townsend's Sewage Ponds where John Keenlyside
and Dan Salisbury originally found them on May 19th.  Anyone passing this
area, perhaps on their way to Long Point, might want to check out the
Townsend's ponds.  Cheers.

Kayo

Kayo Roy
13 Kinsman Court