[Ontbirds] Sora, Virginia Rail, Ruddy Duck & 2nd brood of Robins in Cranberry Marsh & Newca

markus lise markus_lise at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 18:36:44 EDT 2004

Hello Ontario,

For the first time in my life I not only heard but saw a Sora & Virginia
Rail in the Cranberry Marsh.  An American Coot made his appearance as well
as a Ruddy Duck.

Then south of Newcastle today I observed 2 Common Loons swimming into the
harbor of the Port of Newcastle while dining at the Brig Restaurant.  What a
view that made my lunch taste all the better.

Once arriving home I observed 4 young Robins in a nest outside of our dining
room window about to fledge.  That will be a second brood already for our
place south of Newcastle.

Directions:  Highway 12 exit south in Whitby to Victoria St. and west till
Halls Rd. and turn south to northern platform of Cranberry Marsh.

By Newcastle take exit # 430 south on Mill St. and drive as far as the lake
but look at address for Robin nest as well as Ruby Throated Hummingbirds,
Baltimore & Orchard Orioles.

Markus Lise
Newcastle, On