[Ontbirds]Eurasian Collared-Dove Photos

AEadie aved at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 18 12:31:27 EDT 2004

Two photos of a Eurasian Collared-Dove in Oakville taken by Enver Domingo
can be found at
www.ofo.ca/photos

There is some discussion about whether this bird might be a Ringed
Turtle-Dove which is not a naturally occurring species, but is kept as a
pet. This bird is very pale. See the web page for more comments.

However, Eurasian Collared Doves are spreading rapidly in North America from
a base in Florida which they reached from the Carribean. I myself saw a few
in a town ( I think it was Waverley) just south west of Springfield,
Illinois in June this year. They looked and behaved very much at home.

Sandra Eadie
OFO web site coordinator
www.ofo.ca
ofo at ofo.ca