[Ontbirds]Red Knots near Morgan's Point

Diane and Kayo Roy kayoroy at niagara.com
Sun Aug 1 17:55:39 EDT 2004

Today, John Black, Alan Smith, Brian Ahara and I found 7 Red Knots on the
Lake Erie shoreline off Harbourview Road near Morgan's Point in Burnaby.
There were some 140 shorebirds there of 7 species including one
Black-bellied Plover.  By contrast, we saw no shorebirds at Morgan's Point.

Directions:  Travel west out of Port Colborne on Highway 3 for about 2 km to
Golf Course Road.  Go left here to the Lake Erie shoreline.....Harbourview
Road is an extension of Golf Course Road that runs south-west parallel to
the actual shoreline.

Kayo

Kayo Roy
13 Kinsman Court