[Ontbirds]Rock Point - Little Gull; No Cattle Egret

Willie D'Anna & Betsy Potter dannapotter at wzrd.com
Sun Aug 1 20:49:59 EDT 2004

Betsy and I looked for the previously reported Cattle Egret at 7:30 and
10:30 today but without success.  The location is on King and Rymer Roads
near H-N 3 in the fields with cattle.

At Rock Point we had 8 species of shorebirds and lots of Bonaparte's Gulls
and Common Terns.  Among the Bonies was a first-summer LITTLE GULL molting
into second-winter plumage.  This bird had traces of the black "M-pattern"
(from first-winter) on the upperwings and a lot of gray (from second-winter)
on the underwings.  It was neat to see this combination.  Also at Rock
Point, a singing Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

Good birding!
Willie
Willie D'Anna