[Ontbirds]Nesting Canvasback Tommy Thompson Park

Craig McLauchlan csam at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 14 15:04:02 EDT 2004

Another good day for a walk out on the spit starting of with 55+ swifts
flying over head also seen 700+ starlings and a Monk Parakeet flying
with them ( I know it isn't a wild one and I hope it heads south with
them ) 2 Black B Cuckoo 1 Great Egret (al though the nest was empty) and
the best being a Female Canvasback with 4 fresh checks which is a great
nesting record for the spit ..

Also 12 species of Butterflies (1 Snout being the best) 1 Coyote, 1 dead
Beaver and 13 patted tortillas

Tommy Thompson Park l can be found at the end of Leslie St south of the
lake shore on the east side of Toronto.

Craig & Bev McLauchlan
Toronto, Ont, Canada, World