[Ontbirds]Niagara Birds-incl. Brant

Harold Stiver hstiver at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 22:55:53 EST 2004

We touched base at some of the usual Niagara spots today.

The CALIFORNIA GULL was at its customary spot on the rocks to the left
of of the dam at Adam Beck allowing some of our party ( Carol Edwards,
Matt Victoria, Barry Kent MacKay and myself) to practice long distance
photographs.

Among the abundant BOANPART'S GULLS at Adam Beck was also a beautiful
ICELAND GULL, and near mid morning Matt picked out a juv. BLACK LEGGED
KITTIWAKE.
As well as as one at Adam beck, there was an additional LESSER BB GULL
just above the falls. GREATER BB GULLSwere seen in small numbers.

At the whilpool rapids among the hundreds of winter plumaged adult
Bonapart's was an individual in full breeding plumage. Somebody's
always a bit out of step.

We saw no sign of a TEAL, Eurasian or otherwise, but there was a BRANT
feeding with the Canadas at the Dufferin Nature Center.

Directly below the falls was a NORTHERN LOON.

Thanks to all for a "Guid day oot"

--
Harold Stiver
Paris, Canada