[Ontbirds]Wild Turkeys in LaSalle, ON

Pierre et Anne-Marie LeBlanc whimbrel at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 12 11:58:45 EST 2004

Dear Birders

Pierre and I were stunned at the sighting of 7 wild turkeys, 2 males and 5
females, at the side of our house this morning at 10 a.m.   They walked
around to the front of the house pecking through the snow-covered lawn and
stopping to eat berries off of our cranberry cottoneaster bush.  We had
ample time to take pictures of them.  They then strolled to the neighbour's
and were sitting on her fence in the backyard preening.  We saw her husband
also take pictures of them.  They are presently on the ground on the move
through the neighbourhood.

Directions:  From EC Row expressway, head southbound on Matchette Rd. to
Cervi Blvd., just south of Reaume Rd.

Anne-Marie Doré-LeBlanc
LaSalle, ON