[Ontbirds]Gray Crowned Rosy Finch

Robin Bolton bolton_96 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 10:51:47 EST 2005

Saw the finch yesterday and wanted to pass on this warning.  I was
appraching the house very slowly as I did not want to spook any birds there.
  Suddenly a small bird (Redpoll as it turned out) flew in front of my car
and did not come out the other side.  By the time I stopped and backed up a
little the Finch also flew in front of the car.  They were both eating the
salt droppings off of cars in the roadway.  I could only think of the relief
I did not runover or hit the star bird of the area.  My advice is to
approach the site slowly as the feeders and birds are relatively close to
the road.

Dave Bolton
Sudbury