[Ontbirds]Bohemians Orillia

Don Perks dperks0531 at rogers.com
Sun Feb 6 20:20:44 EST 2005

Terry Osborne and myself found a flock of 40 bohemians along Woodland just
east of Memorial Ave.Orillia area.These birds perched in a tall tree and a
few at a time would drop down to a High bush cranberry bush and feed on the
many berries.Drive north on Hwy 11 to Memorial follow it to Woodland Rd.turn
right 200 yds.
    We also found both the snowy owls on Concession 7 from Stronghill Rd.1
bird was 2-300 yds along on the 7th and 2nd bird was at trhe Jct. with and
15/16 Rds.
Driving north on 400 exit 117 and turn westward to Strongville Rd turn left
and drive southward to the 7th.
Unfortunately we missed the varied thrush though it was  seen earlier by
others.
We tried for GGOS but due to the heavy fog in the morning from 7am to
11-1130 we only saw 7 .
Good luck
Don Perks and Terry Osborne