[Ontbirds] ominous weather forecast, high winds=Great Gray no-show on Hall's Rd., Whitby--Feb.28

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Mon Feb 28 08:30:35 EST 2005

We wonder whether "February out like a lion"/vigorous SE winds was
interpreted by the Hall's Rd. Great Gray Owls as "why bother to come out to
hunt?". Between 6:30 and 7:40a.m. On Monday, Feb.28, I had a 2-sec. peak at
one GGO before he decided to return to the comfort of the woods. Many people
had seen 5 GGOs on Sunday early morning, with much successful vole-hunting
observed.

I'll check later in the day.

Hall's Rd. is entered south from Victoria St. in southwest Whitby.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby