[Ontbirds]behaviour change in Hall's Rd. owls?-Mar.1

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Tue Mar 1 19:29:42 EST 2005

For Feb.28 and Mar.1 the Hall's Rd.Great Grays have fooled us. Rather than
the 5 being in early AM hunting mode they have either decided to stay hidden
or have left, leaving a remnant of 1 or 2, to be seen in daylight hours
alongside the roadway.

The Barred Owl remained on a beautifully-snowy roadside tree branch this
morning even as a very noisy plough went up and down the road.

My hours there are usually from 7 until 9a.m. I do ask people who do witness
the owls after that time period to report them.

Hall's Rd. is in southwest Whitby, it being entered off Victoria St.

Doug Lockrey, Whitby