[Ontbirds]RC Kinglet, Fox Sparrow at Pinery...

Rick Thornton rickthor at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 10 15:18:00 EDT 2005

This afternoon, I was going to do the day loop at the Pinery, but due to a
prescribed burn, that area was off limits, so I decided to do the riverside
between Campgrounds 1 - 4. I had the following:
a female BLUEBIRD,
  2 FOX SPARROWS,
  2 GREATER YELLOWLEGS,
  WOODCOCK,
  GREENWING TEAL,
  BLUEWING TEAL,
  RUBY CROWNED KINGLET,
  PHEOBE
  and a Garter Snake
  and my first butterfly of the year (sorry, I don't do butterflys but it
was medium size with black/brown wings with a light white/buff outside edge
to the wings)....

Pinery Provincial Park is on Highway 21 just south of Grand Bend.

Rick Thornton
Exeter