[Ontbirds]Presqu'ile: Red-thr.Loons

Bruce Di Labio bruce.dilabio at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 12 22:24:17 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone
    I birded Presqu'ile yesterday during the late afternoon and this
morning. The bird activity was good and today I saw 17 Red-throated Loons in
Popham Bay between Beach #1 and Owen Point. Other birds of interest included
a Virginia Rail calling near Owen Point yesterday, American Bittern calling
along the Marsh Boardwalk, 42 Caspian Tern, 1 Great Egret over Popham Bay
and  Tufted Titmouse singing along Paxton Drive near the Lighthouse.
Landbird migration was good with small numbers of Golden-crowned and
Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Winter Wrens, Pine Warbler,
Chipping & Field Sparrows and a Lapland  Longspur calling over Beach #1. In
Presqu'ile Bay there were still good numbers of ducks including Canvasback,
Redhead, Lesser & Greater Scaup, Ring-necked Duck, Gadwall and American
Wigeon.
                                                    good birding
                                                        Bruce
Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0
(613)839-4395 Home (613)715-2571 Cell

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bruce.dilabio/

Directions: To reach Presqu'ile Provincial Park, follow the signs from
Brighton.
Locations within the Park are shown on a map at the back of a tabloid
that is normally available at the Park gate.   Access to the offshore
islands is restricted at this time of year to prevent disturbance to the
colonial nesting birds there.