[Ontbirds]American Avocets in Hamilton

Steve Germana steveger at rogers.com
Sun May 1 20:36:38 EDT 2005

Pretty exciting day today. We saw a flock of about 15 American Avocets in Hamilton. They flew in and landed just off shore outside Hutch's restaurant at about 3:30pm. They were scared off by some kids throwing rocks in the water, but turned up about 100 yards west. We watched them for about 45 minutes. They were still there when we left.
This is my first time posting on here so I hope I didn't leave anything out.

Hutch's is on Van Wagner Beach Road in Hamilton. Just west of Centennial Park.

Steve Germana