[Ontbirds]Black Bellied and Golden Plover, Port Alma - Port Crewe

E. Smout eas9999 at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 19:50:00 EDT 2005

Hi All!

Late this afternoon (2pm) between Port Alma and Port
Crewe on the Talbot Trail were hundreds of Black
Bellied and Golden Plover.

I was travelling eastbound and encountered the first
group just west of Port Alma near 911 marker 3741
which is a church.  Almost every field after that, on
the north side of the road had Plovers in it.  This
continued well east of Port Crewe, almost to Erie
Beach!  I have never seen so many fields with Plover
along that road.

FYI we stopped in Wheatley at around 1:30, lots of
birders, no N. Coromorant at that time.

The Talbot Trail runs along the north shore of Lake
Erie. Port Alma and Port Crewe are west of the lovely
town of Blenheim, east of the neotropic town of
Wheately.

Good Birding,

Ellen Smout
London, Ont.