[Ontbirds]White-winged Dove near Leamington

Paul Pratt prairie at netcore.ca
Sat May 7 19:00:02 EDT 2005

I spent today demonstrating Kowa optics at Pelee Wings and had a couple of
scopes set up on nearby bird feeders. After many hours of admiring
grackles, blackbirds and sparrows I was totally surprised to casually look
through the scope and see a White-winged Dove on the feeder tray!

It was found just before 3:00 pm visiting a bird feeder on the lawn across
the street from Pelee Wings Nature Store. The bird was not disturbed by all
the attention by visiting birders and was still present when I left the
store at 5:30 pm. The dove divided its time between the feeders opposite
the store and another feeder about four homes to the south along Pelee Drive.

Pelee Wings is located along Point Pelee Drive about 3 km north of the
national park. For more directions visit http://www.peleewings.ca

Paul Pratt
Ojibway Nature Centre
Windsor, ON