[Ontbirds]Great Horned Owlets - Ottawa [Image links]

Ott User willott123 at sympatico.ca
Thu May 5 00:42:15 EDT 2005

The surviving Great Horned owlet at Britannia put on a  show today (May 4th,
2005).  It was sitting high up a tree but the view from below was
unobstructed.  The owlet was exercising and flexing its wings quite a bit.
It was located in the same general area as the past 4 days.

You can see the band on one of its legs in this image.
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/42968526

http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/42969035

http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/42972841

Although I did not capture it in this image, the owlet was coughing up a
pellet from the one end while white-wash was being expelled from the other
end.
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/42972512

This image taken of the dead owlet on April 29, 2005.
http://www.pbase.com/golfpic/image/42971952