[Ontbirds] HNC Rare bird report - Eurasian Wigeon at Grimsby Sewage Lagoons

Cheryl Edgecombe cheryle29 at cogeco.ca
Sat May 21 16:52:58 EDT 2005

A male Eurasian Wigeon has been present since yesterday at the
Grimsby/Winona Sewage Lagoons.  It has been seen in both the north and south
ponds.  I saw it on my way back from out of town at 3:45 p.m. today.  PLEASE
remember not to go past the do not trespass signs put out by the DND.  The
north pond is scopeable from the berm.

Directions to Grimsby/Winona Sewage Lagoons

Take QEW Niagara to Fifty Road.  North on Fifty Road and the to the North
Service Road.  Take the service road to the first left which points to
Baseline and Winston Road.  Take this road past Fifty Pt. C.A. and on your
left hand side after the shooting range you will see a large brown building
with trucks in front.  There is a gate at the side with a lock on it but
there is access here through the gate.  Walk back to the ponds, just follow
the path, it eventually leads to the laneway leading to the ponds.  Do not
park at the gate beside the house as it will set the dogs off barking and
the owner is not very friendly.

Good luck
Cheryl Edgecombe
HNC Hotline