[Ontbirds]apologies

Stan Long stan.long at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 2 17:02:36 EDT 2005

Apologies re my email of yesterday which may leave some birders
thinking that there are hundreds of Great black-backed gulls in Ontario
- what I was looking at were immature Herring gulls - blown out of
proportion in my eyes by my constant refocusiing of both telescope
and bins with the afternoon sun against me - like the Yellow warbler I
saw on a TV screen at Sears enlarged to about 2' across I was "taken
in"- so gull for dinner tonight which will be a nice change from crow!