[Ontbirds] RED-NECKED PHALAROPE and WILSON'S PHALAROPE at Mitchell Sewage Lagoons

Tracey&Dave Brown thebrowns at ezlink.on.ca
Tue Aug 2 21:44:54 EDT 2005

Well folks...good news....the RED-NECKED PHALAROPE is still present at the Mitchell Sewage Lagoons as of 8:45 pm today Aug 2nd.

The even better news is that there's now a 2nd phalarope that was feeding with it...and this one looked like a WILSON'S PHALAROPE...also in molt to Basic plummage.

I'm hoping to get back out there again tomorrow to see if I can get some pics..

Directions:
>From the East (T.O., Guelph, KW) - take Hwy 8 thru Stratford heading west to first lights in Mitchell (Wellington St) and turn left (south) and continue till you hit the "T" intersection at the ball diamond.  Lagoon cells are straight back behind the ball diamond and soccer fields and the sewage treatment plant.

>From the London area....take Hwy 23 into Mitchell from the south and just after you pass the "Welcome to Mitchell" sign...watch for Frank St...go right on Frank St and head down over the bridge till you get to the ball diamond (will be on your right).  Again...the cells are behind the ball diamond and soccer fields.

There's lots of parking at the fields.