[Ontbirds]Ottawa: L.B.B. Gulls & Great Egrets

Bruce Di Labio bruce.dilabio at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 21 21:40:08 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone
    This evening birded along the Ottawa River from Britannia to Shirley's
Bay. Highlights were 11 Lesser Black-backed Gulls (various ages) and 7 Great
Egrets at Shirley's Bay. Earlier today I caught a Carolina Wren in my
garage, after releasing it, the wren was singing again. First heard it
singing yesterday in the yard #146.
                                                             good birding
                                                            Bruce
Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0
(613)839-4395 Home (613)715-2571 Cell

Di Labio Birding Website
Courses and Field Trips
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bruce.dilabio/

Directions:Shirley's Bay:  From Ottawa take Hwy. 417 west to the
Moodie Drive exit and turn north (right) on  Moodie Drive and continue to
Carling Ave. Turn left at Carling Ave. and follow Carling to Rifle Road.
Turn right (north) on Rifle Rd. Park at the lot at the end (boat launch).
Walk back to the road, and continue through the gate on the Department of
National
Defence property. There is a trail on your right (clearly marked with
vehicle "No Entry" signs) which heads into the woods, and, eventually to the
dyke.

**** PLEASE NOTE**** YOU MUST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM THE RANGE CONTROL
OFFICE BEFORE ENTERING THE DYKE AREA-- Call (613) 991-5740 and request
permission to visit the dyke area for birding.