[Ontbirds]mourning warbler, ovenbird, 34 migrating raptors at Cranberry--Sep.22

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Thu Sep 22 19:35:02 EDT 2005

Mild south winds, not condusive to raptors migrating along the lakefront,
brought few people to the Cranberry station on Thursday, Sep.22.  Along the
pathway I had great views of an Ovenbird and a Mourning Warbler. Along
Hall's Rd. I stopped to watch a male R-n Pheasant slowly walk alongside my
car.

Among the 34 hawks counted over a period of 3 hours--11 Turkey Vultures, 4
Ospreys--2 carrying fish, 14 Sharp-shinned, 1 Red-tailed, 3 Kestrel and the
site's first PEREGRINE of the autumn count.

Our satellite station, 10 km. north, Iroquois Shoreline RW, has attracted
some great counts-- many Broad-wingeds and several Red-shouldereds included.
IT IS GREAT TO HAVE SOME WEEKDAY COUNTERS THERE.

Cranberry Marsh is in southwest Whitby, at the bottom end of Hall's Rd.

Doug Lockrey, coordinator CMRW
www.pickeringnaturalists.org