[Ontbirds]Rusty blackbirds, 26 migrating hawks at Cranberry-Sep.24

Doug Lockrey lockrey33 at rogers.com
Sat Sep 24 15:24:38 EDT 2005

A continuum of migrating raptors from yesterday did not occur throughout 6
hours of vigilant watching on Sat., Sep.24, at the Cranberry Marsh RW in
southwest Whitby-- only 26--incl. 6 TV, 3 Ospreys 1  Bald Eagle (imm.) at
10:15 EDT , 6 SS and 2 Cooper's.

On the wetland we observed 6 Rusty Blackbirds and 6 Great Egrets. Along the
path--1 Nashville and 1 Pine Warbler. An Eastern Phoebe perched briefly near
the platform. For the first day since the count started we saw NO Monarchs;
only 1 Hummingbird came through.

Doug Lockrey, coordinator CMRW
www.pickeringnaturalists.org