[Ontbirds]Hudsonian Godwit in Hamilton

A & K Williams williamsmusic at execulink.com
Thu Oct 6 20:29:17 EDT 2005

At 6:00 this evening, with nice weather still, I had a Hudsonian Godwit at
the end of the Willows trail of the RBG South Shore Trails. It was feeding
in mud flats among gulls in the middle of Cootes Paradise.

As well, I had two Great Egrets, one with a red colour band on the left leg.

Directions: Exit highway 8 West from the 403 in Hamilton, turn west onto 8
(Main Street West) and pass McMaster University. Turn right onto Cootes
Drive at the end of the University. Turn right at Olympic Drive and do a
quick u-turn and go left back onto Cootes in the oppposite direction. Park
before the bridge over the creek before you go back up the hill. Cross
Cootes and follow the trail north easterly until you run out of trail.  If
you want better spacial directions, please call me at the number below! This
trail is overgrown, treacherous, and rife with poison ivy, and it takes a
half hour to get to the east end of the Willows anyway. A scope is
necessary.

But...it's a Godwit! Hope the rain tonight does not send it on its way.

Ken Williams
83 Edinburgh Avenue
Hamilton, Ontario, L8H 2C6
905 547 8580