[Ontbirds]Laughing Gull - Point Edward

Maris Apse apsemaris at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:22:18 EDT 2005

Hi all!
     Just after 10:30 this morning a chap from MI (Dave Burns?) and I both
got our scopes on a rather distant dark gull.  I lost it as it landed in the
waves, but he said it looked like a juvenile LG.  Luckily for us the bird
flew in closer to shore, landing twice for very good views, before slowly
drifting with the wind and disappearing downriver.
     You never know what to expect - prior to this we had seen several C.
Loon, small flocks of Scaup, 2 Horned Grebe, a Hooded Merganser, a Surf
Scoter and 2 Peregrines(likely the locals from Bluewater Bridge) and lots of
Canada Geese and were, of course, primarily 'jaegering'.

       Cheers!    Maris

Directions : Point Edward is to the north of Sarnia - from the south, turn
left on Michigan Ave. and  right on any of the next few streets to Victoria
St.(1 short block) then right again on Fort St. driving to the end and left
into the parking lot at the waterworks.

Maris Apse - OFO SALES
10094 Red Pine Road, Box 22,
RR #2 Grand Bend ON  N0M 1T0