[Ontbirds] Forster's Tern, Hudsonian Godwit, Whip-poor-will @ Presqu'ile.

Fred Helleiner fhelleiner at trentu.ca
Sat Oct 8 20:39:45 EDT 2005

 From 11 a.m. until late afternoon today (Oct. 8) a Forster's Tern could
be found along the beach at Presqu'ile.  First found by me with
Bonaparte's Gulls flying north past lookout #3 on the Owen Point trail,
it was later confirmed by Don and Ian Shanahan, who also saw a Hudsonian
Godwit that flew from the beach towards the offshore gravel bars/islands
at about 16:30h.  Early in the afternoon I flushed a Whip-poor-will from
the cedars beside the lighthouse parking lot.  It landed in full view in
an almost leafless deciduous tree.
     There were more passerines in the Park today than I can ever recall
seeing in one day, with a reasonably good variety.

--
--
Fred Helleiner

186 Bayshore Road,
R.R. #4,
Brighton, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1H0
VOICE: (613) 475 5309
If visiting, access via Presqu'ile Provincial Park.