[Ontbirds].Did anyone else see the Black Vulture?

Alan Wormington wormington at juno.com
Sun Oct 9 16:51:33 EDT 2005

I'm posting this only because it would be nice to determine the flight
speeds of various raptors migrating along the north shore of Lake Erie.

Today I had a two birds at Seacliff (SE Leamington) that I hope are also
seen today at Holiday Beach and / or Detroit Metropark, which will
provide some good flight info.

Guinea Pig #1 was a BLACK VULTURE that passed at 11:05 a.m., in with a
flock of about 130 Turkey Vultures.

Guinea Pig #2 was a juvenile Golden Eagle that passed at 12:30 p.m.

My tally for Turkey Vulture today (7 hours) was 7110 birds.  This is more
than DOUBLE the previous all-time count for Point Pelee -- 3470 on
October 21, 2004 at Seacliff (5 hours).

Alan Wormington,
Leamington