[Ontbirds]Dark Morph Swainson's Hawk, Kingsville

Dean Ware peleeisbirder at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 21:41:28 EDT 2005

birders,

I must say a most impressive late afternoon flight. At about 5:20ish a juv.
dark morph Swainson's Hawk flew over my parents place just outside of
Kingsville. The bird was with 30-40 Turkey Vultures flying in a westerly
direction(Jack Miners/Holiday Beach). To briefly discribe it as very dark
all over but with a slate gray tail which jumped out at me ! and a gray head
and of course the long pointed wings. I almost missed it as I was not going
to look over all these dark birds!... it pays just too look!

Dean Ware
Wheatley ON.
peleeisbirder at hotmail.com