[Ontbirds]red-bellied woodpecker - Brechin

Greg Jaski gregjaski at nexusisp.com
Tue Nov 1 20:17:13 EST 2005

There was a male red-bellied woodpecker on a tree at the corner of Regional Rd. 47 and the concession into Lagoon City on Sunday. I have been on the look-out for rbwo's since I had a female over-winter at my house in Beaverton two years ago (sorry I didn't share but I'm not well set up for public viewing).

Directions: from the south follow Highway 12 from Whitby to Brechin (about 45 minutes). Turn left at the Coffee Time, continue for about 2km to where Reg. Rd 47 is on your left.

Cheers,
Greg Jaski
Beaverton