[Ontbirds]Ottawa: Brant, winter finches

Bruce Di Labio bruce.dilabio at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 2 16:10:31 EST 2005

Hi Everyone
    Today, November 2nd between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. there was a small
flight of Brant along the Ottawa River near Andrew Haydon Park. A total of 4
flocks (82,44,30,58) were observed, 2 flocks in flight heading south and two
flocks flying and landing off AHP.
    Along Kerwin Road near Dunrobin, 1 Pine Grosbeak was observed and
yesterday I had a flock of 8 White-winged Crossbills feeding in a spruce
tree at my home in Carp. On October 31st, a flock of 14 Evening Grosbeaks
flew over Bells Corners.
                                                                good birding
                                                                    Bruce
Bruce Di Labio
400 Donald B. Munro Drive
P.O.Box 538
Carp,Ontario,K0A 1L0
(613)839-4395 Home (613)715-2571 Cell
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bruce.dilabio/

Directions:Andrew Haydon Park: From Ottawa take Hwy. 417 west, turn
north on Bayshore Drive, continue to Carling Ave. Turn left (west) on
Carling Ave. Proceed along Carling Ave. and watch for Andrew Haydon Park
Water Park on your right.